This webinar brings together speakers from diverse fields to explore how solar technologies can contribute to realising net-zero carbon emissions, addressing technological challenges, while promoting positive dialogue between scientists, governing bodies and the public.
This free webinar is the first in a series of events aimed at encouraging greater diversity in solar research by showcasing a variety of perspectives on how the broad field of solar research can contribute to CO2 emissions mitigation.
The session is chaired by wikimedian of the year 2019, Dr Jess Wade (Imperial College London) and will seek to cover a breadth of topics relevant to solar technologies research, such as:
· How PV can contribute to emissions mitigation
· How to improve dialogue between the public and scientists
· Challenges in solar technologies
· Benefits of combining technologies with solar
· Careers in solar industries
· “On the path to net zero – what can you do?”, Dr Laura Miranda Perez (Head of Materials Research, Oxford PV)
· “Solar in a smarter future energy system”, Dr Madeleine Morris (The Grantham Institute for Climate Change, Imperial College London)
· Title TBC, Professor Jenny Nelson (Imperial College London)
· Title TBC, Charise Johnson (Policy Advisor, British Academy)
To be followed by a panel discussion and Q&A giving attendees the opportunity to put questions to the speakers.
Free webinar, Monday 14 December 2020, 12.00 – 14.00Register Now